Yay it’s FRIDAY!
How has everyone’s week been? Mine has been good.
I went along to help on a class trip to a beautiful Scottish castle, I’ve made time to read and I’ve ignored quite a lot of housework! And I’ve been helping out a friend this week with childcare and doggy sitting.
I also got to take my daughter to the school book fair – We both love a book fair. Who doesn’t?
This has been the last week of school for us before the October holidays start. And I do love having lots of time to spend with my precious wee person. We have very little planned, which is exciting and relaxing. I am sure we won’t struggle to fill the holidays with lots of lovely memories.
And as much as I like the school run or school scoot – I’m not going to miss it over the next couple of weeks.
My blog got an update!
A new WordPress theme, but what I can’t stop admiring is the wonderful new blog header and logo I now have thanks to the amazing artist – Lena.
She was an absolute pleasure to work with and so fast! And I really couldn’t be happier with the final design. It’s perfect.
Even thou I have made time for some reading I haven’t made much of a dent this week in my TBR pile.
- Books finished this week – NONE
- Books started this week – About a ten – I’ve been in a bit of an indecisive mood.
I’ve enjoyed a bit of blog hopping this week and I wanted to share some (only a tiny portion) of the blog post I have enjoyed reading. Nicki over at The Secret Library does an amazing post on Sundays highlighting and sharing a wide variety of book bloggers posts. And I wanted to do something similar – it’s nice to show a bit of support to the community I love.
- Are you looking for some graphic novel recommendations? Then check out The Shelf of unread books post – HERE
- The Shape of Night by Tess Gerritsen was one of my favourite reads of the year so far and I loved Jen’s (Jen Med’s Book Reviews) review – HERE
- Over the Rainbow book blog is a favourite blog of mine and after reading Jo’s review of We met in December by Rosie Curtis I can’t wait to read it – Blog tour post HERE
- Drew’s review (The tattooed book geek) of Uncanny Collateral by Brian McClellan is definitely worth a read and can be found – HERE
- A new blog I have recently discovered (Always got time for books) and one I am sure I will be visiting often – I enjoyed her review of Flawed by Cecelia Ahern – HERE
- And finally – although I could go on for much, much longer – A fantastic review of The Furies by Katie Lowe – HERE. I get so many book recommendations from Jennifer over at Tar Heel Reader.