I feel like I have read this week! Yay – BOOKS!
I have finished The Handmaid’s tale by Margaret Atwood – I listened to the audio book narrated by Elizabeth Moss, who is amazing. Absolutely. Amazing.
I finished Revival by Stephen King – Which was also Amazing!
I finished the audiobook My sister, the serial killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite, which wasn’t quite amazing but very good.
And I started The Corset by Laura Purcell – I have joined the Rare Birds Book Club and The Corset was my book pick. If you are interested go and have a nosy at their website – HERE.
I also started reading The chalk man by C.J Tudor and The Institute by Stephen King. I am making a BIG effort to read my books, the ones I buy and then don’t read because of how lucky I seem to be with NetGalley lately or book tours. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by trying to meet deadlines so I am taking a wee step back from saying YES to everything. Or at least I say that now… books are just too tempting, right?!?!
So I would say that October was an OK reading month for me, but it was a terrible blogging month. I only wrote 5 blog posts and my views and stats were the lowest they have ever been.
But then Stats aren’t everything. And I kind of needed a wee break. I find sometimes I just want to read with no strings attached.
– This Week –
We got a delicious pumpkin, which we did decorate with a sharpie pen and stickers so I could keep it nice to use in cooking – a big pot of pumpkin soup is definitely in our very near future.
I love pumpkins! Don’t you? Has anyone got any amazing recipes for me?
October has been a lot of family time. And I love family time with my most special wee person and my cute, often smelly poodle.
I also got new boots and I’ve ordered a couple of new dresses and some #snagtights that I am quite excited about.
And Halloween was fun! It always is, and I especially enjoy it now as a mother. But our house is full of sweeties I am trying not to eat!
Here are some of my favourite links from around the book blogging community.
- Nicki’s wonderful Sunday Links post on her blog – The Secret Library, that inspired me to start sharing the book blog love – HERE
- Not BOOK related, but a very interesting review of the recent Joker film by Sarah over at The Little contemporary corner – HERE
- A Fantastic review of the Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo from Lori’s book shelf reads – HERE
- Another interesting and well balanced review of a book (from Jee over at Hooked on Bookz) that I really want to read – The ten thousand doors of January by Alix E. Harrow – HERE
- A review of Coraline by Neil Gaiman on Hannah’s Bookshelf – HERE
- And thanks to Asha over at A Cat, A book and a cup of tea I now have another book on my wishlist – The night Jar. Read the review – HERE
- And finally Meggy’s latest Positivity Wave post – HERE
The positivity wave was started by Meggy over at Chocolate’n’Waffles, to spread a bit of cheer around the book blogging world. And it has! Come and join the wave!